Sunday, July 27, 2008

hmx

I'm trying to make the connections.
I watched Persepolis with Deanna a couple weeks back. And I just read about the India bombing. is that why I had that nightmare?
I was in a church. Familiarity in the air. The faces I felt I've known all my life, yet I couldn't name one face. Maybe Liz was there, but I'm not sure. I felt so certain that I was inside of St. Polycarp , but there were more stained glass and oddly shaped windows. They were lower, too. I climbed the two steps and was looking out the window because it was becoming so bright outside. Then the front doors had automatically closed, as though there were a lock down. The lights were becoming blinding...and the people at the altar, where the priest does his thang were just staring at the incoming light. So I go and push them out of the way because I was sure the light was some sort of attack like a bomb. As I push them aside, the window shatters. Panic was in the air, but everyone was just walking. We walked out of the church somehow. I was on Chapman, walking towards Dale. I passed the bus stop and saw an older lady. She had a headscarf. I didn't think much of it. I guess I kept walking until I reached the car wash right across from Regal's Cinema. All of the women had black head scarves; even some men wore white ones. Then it hit me: the Muslims are taking over. I find a store to enter and when I go inside of course I felt like I was in a flea market/ swapmeet booth tent. Every lady had a headscarf on, but all of them were older and Middle-Eastern looking. I run into my sister and we are both on the verge of tears. It was eleven bucks to buy a scarf and I thought it was funny the lady and different colors and patterns. I buy my sister a black one, duh, and can't get one for myself. No more money. I was thinking about snatching one, when some loud lady walks in. Guess who, Mommy! I ask her to get me one. Ridiculous she was actually looking at the printed and brights headscarves when she knew we could only wear black. I think she even purchased some. Anyway, it forwarded to a scene where I was gaining carnal knowledge of a familiar male and officials of some sort stop us. And that was the end.

It was so related to the movie, I'm sure of it. I wonder if it's possible for it to ever happen in the U.S.?

No comments: